Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Oh Rupert!


As Mr. Murdoch stands on the verge of purchasing The Wall Street Journal, he has already suceeded in leveraging a something a bit more precious...my mortal soul!

Oh ok...I'm being melodramatic...I finally went live with a Myspace page for the rapidly emerging Secret History

www.myspace.com/friendsofthesecrethistory

I'll be spending the new week (or twelve) trying to invite friends and punters alike, but why not beat me to it and add us as a friend. Its quicker...

We're previewing an mix of a track called 'Our Lady of Pompeii'...which actually takes place in Iraq, telling the tale of a member of The Haunted Hearts who finds himself drowing his sorrows in blood. These are complicated times.

If i don't write something substantial soon...I'll at least post some pix.

Chat again soon!
---M---

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just listened to Pompeii.... WOW...Lisa sounds very crisp and clean....what really strikes me...As I do define you as 80's music, it's not that you sound specifically like 80's songs...Pompeii stirs up the same excitement and feelings I felt when I heard a new good indie song during the 80's, from our heros.
McDonough

Anonymous said...

Just saw Eskimo Joe (great Aussie band) last night in Philly. While talking with Stu from that band last night after the show he mentioned that they're coming back to the states in October and need an opening act. I mentioned that I thought the The Secret History would be a great choice. They're playing Brooklyn tonight. You can contact them at stu@eskimojoe.net

Keep up the good work