Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Out of the lab, and out on the slab

So for those loyal readers who keep peeking in to see if old Mickey Grace is ever going to write his blog again...here is a little update on all things musical and literary.

So I'm going to use as an excuse for not writing the fact that the new band is in feverish rehearsals for Spring studio dates, and a live debut in early March. It's quite exciting, but also stressful for a admitted neurotic like myself. The band is called The Secret History, and there will be a bit of a website to come. Aside from those New Yorkers who manage to make it to our show in March, the rest of you will probably have to wait until April for the first recordings to show up on some sort of website somewhere.

This new band features all the members of My Favorite minus Andrea Vaughn, and includes two new members...vocalist Lisa Ronson, and rhythm guitarist/vocalist Jessica Healy. The sound is certainly a bit different, with influences coming from the glam rock/art scene of the early 70s, but also continues to bring in the rainy sounds of C86, and a bit of the punk and soul from my suedehead days. It's kind of a fractured biography of my life through music and memory, and tells the loose story of the fictional band "The Haunted Hearts," but we don't use the term 'rock opera' round these parts...

Anyway, word will be getting out soon through emails and random acts of graffiti, but I wanted to chat with my loyal Anchorites first. I will be re-designing and updating this blog in the upcoming weeks, and it will be a good place to keep up with me and the group. I will be answering alot of long ignored viewer mail soon too.

So to everyone who has kept the faith...thank you very kindly...and see you soon....

Truly,
Michael Grace Jr.
The Secret History

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds delightful!

hope you know we expect you to come to sweden later :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Rock operas are nothing to be ashamed of! Have you heard Jeff Wayne's "War of the worlds"? Probably one of the best records ever made.

Looking forward to those new recordings, I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Michael --- I'm looking forward to the "new" sound.

Yours faithfully,

Anonymous said...

Hi. It thrills me to hear we're gonna get to hear some new music from you sometime soon!

Also, there was something i wanted to ask you, i've been wanting to buy myself a my favorite t-shirt for quite some time now, but cant seem to find one anywhere. So i figured i'll make my own, now what i'd like to know is what font you used for that timeless my favorite logo. I would be so glad if you wanted to provide that info for me!
Cheers.
/Andreas, Sweden

Anonymous said...

hurrah!

Anonymous said...

dude: YAY!

Johannes said...

What's with the unproportional amount of My Favorite fans in Sweden? Anyway, good luch with your new band!

Anonymous said...

Awesome good news, I've been looking forward to this new project!

-Oddy

Janice said...

well done! keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Gött! I know that the new recordings are going to be spectacular. Interesting news that you've added a second girl in the band! Send Healy my best regards.

Anonymous said...

The Secret History AND The Haunted Hearts!! The names always were both good... and the meta-band thing seems like a perfect vehicle for a My Favish type longing/nostalgia/narrative feel.

Hooray!

Can't wait...

Trent

Courtney said...

The new colors look nice. This is going to be a good spring.

j said...

thank god, already.
love, jennifer.
p.s. per! do you remember when you came to visit me at the fake starbucks?

sandy said...

Looking forward. I'm in Israel right now so I won't be able to come for the show this March, but I will definitely try to see The Secret History in the future!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

j = Jennifer Silver? I don't remember a fake starbucks, but i sure remember meeting you if that's who's hiding behing the letter!